Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Heaven and Helsinki

Patty Young has a bright new line for Michael Miller Fabrics - 
Heaven and Helsinki.
I am sure there is a story behind these designs 
so head over to Mod Kid Designs Blog to read all about it!

There are two color ways and this is the one I received last Friday - 


There are some great prints here for quilting 
but I struggled a little with what direction to take.  
My former quilt shop owner mind came up with this one for a quick project.


Take a close look at the eye candy prints and I have machine quilted - following the fabric design in most of the fabrics.  What a great way to practice machine quilting and end up with a beautiful quilt!!!

I had to figure out a way to use those sweet buildings so.....


here is the village green!  I had fun quilting the orange peel design in the center square.  I just drew it on a piece of press n seal and placed it on the center of the quilt.  It's bright and fun - don't you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment