Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fowl Play

I have been busy creating this week-end with a fabric line 
that is being reprinted by Free Spirit Fabrics - 
FOWL PLAY!!!

The quilt had already been designed.


I will send it out to be quilted 
and I think I will have her use the chicken wire design!

Free Spirit wanted some additional items to display with the quilt
so here is what I have made so far.


This is a Skinny Chicken Tracks Runner.
I embroidered the chicken tracks with red floss.
This quilt block pattern is also called chicken tracks.


I made this half apron with pockets.  
The clever part is you slip it on a skinny belt.
I made two button holes before turning the top edge down.
There is a sewn section to slide the belt in and on through the buttons holes!
And I am wearing red shoes!


This apron is also worn with a skinny belt.  Buttons adorn the pockets and the top section is a block from the quilt pattern.  The center square is a media pocket!!  And the neck tie is a checkered shoe lace!!


Here is a back view.  No ties!!  
The belt just slips though the button holes in the front!!

The apron gathers on the belt and can fit most sizes!

What fun!!  And now I have to finish some stuffed chickens 
and a couple of pot holders!!

No comments:

Post a Comment