Monday, January 25, 2016

One Year Later

I have been very absent from my blog and have no excuses.

And it is hard to believe it has been a year since my mother passed away.
And, yes, the quilt auction was a BIG success 
and a very emotional time for my family.

The quilt in my mother's memory brought $800 
to the Lutheran Camp at Lake Okoboji in NW Iowa.
I am happy to report the quilt is safely in family hands.


I also made smaller versions of the quilt for my sister and her granddaughter.

I donated two additional quilts of mine to the camp auction and was most excited that this batik quilt brought $2000 to the camp.


I am taking a look at several quilts to donate this summer
but have almost completed a t-shirt quilt for the auction
featuring several camp shirts from over the years.


My friend, Trish Maxwell, has a great t-shirt business and came up
with this mosaic design.  The quilt is all t-shirt knits except for the outer border.
I used fronts, backs and even sleeves of the t-shirts to complete this one!
Can't wait to send it for the auction this summer!!

It seems I have fish quilts still on my mind.

Here is a recent project for Michael Miller fabrics.
Gotta' love my tocsin the picture!!


Next post - a year in our house in Oklahoma!

Now, that is something to talk about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment