Saturday, April 2, 2011

I Want to go to New York City!

  

 Yes, indeed, I would love to go to New York City!

    We lived several years in Buffalo but never made it to the Big Apple.  Maybe some day I can visit Michael Miller Fabrics on 22nd Street!!!

    These quilts are already there and will be going to wholesale market this spring in Salt Lake City.

    "Baby Boxes" features the blue gray combination from the  mini mikes collections.  Really fun and really IN!!  All rows really are straight.  I just pinned it to my wall to photograph.






  


 This quilt is fun and functional!  The fabrics are the red and aqua combination, also from the mini mikes collections.  "Big Daisy Dot Count" is a great floor quilt for counting - laying objects on the big dots as you go and creating lots of fun with a little one.  Snuggle under it during a nap and count daisies!!

    I quilted all of the quilts shown today on my home sewing machine.  I did a combination of free motion and stitch in the ditch.

    The last quilt shown is from Laura Gunn's spring collection - Magnolia Lane.  It features several colors of the Painted Canvas.  "Celebrate!" is shapes scattered and sewn in place with the needleturn applique technique.

    What fun it would be on your table for a fiesta or over the back of a chair and even just tack it up on a wall.  I just use a small hammer and some straight pins.

    The quilting is something that anyone can do.  To mark the straight lines, I use the blue painters tape.  It stays in place and can be used multiple times.  It does not leave any residue on your quilt.

    So there you go - happy quilting!!  Watch for our next post to tell about our trip on the Megabus from Chicago to Minneapolis.  Several knitters will be visiting StevenBe - the glitter knitter and rock star of knitting!!  Oh boy!  Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment