Friday, March 9, 2012

I am a LUCKY GIRL!!




A couple of weeks ago, I had a call from Free Spirit Fabrics 
to do a special project.

They wanted a pieced hanging - 6.5' x 10' - to hang in their trade show booth
at the LA Textile Show later this month.  This piece was to feature 
100+ of their Essentials fabric lines.

So, I submitted 4 potential designs for their review. 
 They picked one and I went to work!!



I shipped it out yesterday and I am happy to say they are delighted with it!!

This pieced hanging features 103 - 8" blocks - in random designs.
It is so fun to make - once you get creating - because one fabric cut leads to another and another and so on!!

The black and white zebra fabric is a perfect accent to the many colors.
It is so easy to pop in the plastic grommets and they come in so many colors!
Curtain weights were added to the bottom - 
and wa-la - it's a finished masterpiece!!

And the beauty of this is that it can be made in any size!!


A bit of a close up!!

Hopefully this inspires you in some way and makes your day!!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you to sew for Free Spirit Fabrics!!!(And even Michael Miller!) I just delivered an applique top I did for my long armer. Lol, she doesn't have time to do her own, so I did one for her. 65 hours! I love the colors in your design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I'm loving looking at your projects! this one is so awesome. I love how you featured their fabrics, very cool!

    ReplyDelete