Thursday, March 5, 2015

Ronald McDonald House Day!

I started volunteering at the Ronald Mc Donald House 
in Oklahoma City in January.

This is the second house here 
and it is serves 14 families for a 2 week stay.

It is connected to OU Childrens Hospital.


Everything is new having just opened at the end of last year.

The original Ronald Mc Donald House is about 2 blocks from here
and it is for a 30 day stay.

I help out at the front desk and then head to the kitchen
 to bake for the families.  So ME!!

One of the mothers I met today has twin girls in the NICU.
The real surprising thing is that she has 4 daughters at home!!

Made me think of you, Kate - identical twin girls and 1 big sister at home!!


There are my cookies - ready to go into the oven.
I made Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip today.


Common areas are great for families to come together for an evening meal.
Another volunteer option is for a group to come in for guest chef night
and cook a meal for the families.


If you are in the OKC Area,
checkout the volunteer needs on their website.

www.rmhcokc.org

What a great community to be a part of!!

What should I bake next week??

No comments:

Post a Comment