Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Newcastle Fabrics

I have been picked up by another fabric company to make quilt samples.
Sounds exciting, right?
This is a new company in the fabric business.  Imagine that!

This first quilt is from a fabric line called Fantasy.
It reminds me a lot of the Mary Englebriet lines of days past.


I did two sizes of half square triangles and the quilt is 66" x 66".
It was a little more ambitious than I should have attempted!

The next quilt is made from the fabric line "Little Lamb".
It is on the sweet side, as you might expect.

Side One is a simple strip pieced version with 5 of the fabrics.


Side Two is the very large panel in the collection.
The machine quilting is small hearts - professionally done by 
All About Quilting & Design.


The third quilt is from a fabric line called "Best Friends".
It is on the bright side and turned out so cute!


I thought of Hopscotch as soon as I saw the number block panel.
The giraffe just kind of came into play as I worked on this one.
His neck is pieced and the head is appliquéd on after the machine quilting,
again beautifully done circles by All About Quilting & Design.
It is about 72" long so it could also be a great grow chart!

Only one more post on the market quilts.
I am busy writing the pattern directions up.  UGH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment