Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tex-Mex Snack Mix

Yes, it's time to share a recipe with all of you from the Flat Belly Diet Cookbook.  I have to say this diet is REALLY working for me.  The dinners I have been cooking are so delicious and nutritious.

My husband loves Chex Mix and I have been trying to make a more healthy version, plus I made this one in my crock pot!!!

1/2 cup canola oil
1 T. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp.ground red pepper
3 cups multigrain square cereal
2 1/4 cups unsalted whole cashews
2 cups oat or multigrain cereal
2 cups multigrain pretzels

Combine oil and seasonings in a small measuring cup.

Combine remaining ingredients in a 3 1/2 - 5 quart slow cooker.  Drizzle with oil mixture, tossing to coat well.  Cover and cook on low 2 to 3 hours, stirring twice during cooking time. Be sure to check the mixture after 2 hours.  For me, that was enough time.  Remove the lid during the last half hour to allow mix to dry.

16 (1/2 cup servings) - 265 calories per serving

Bag it up for the perfect afternoon snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment