Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Where Becki Homecki Creates

 




 Hey, Hey, Hey - I promised you additional photos of my sewing room and here they are!!  This great witch is on the door as you enter at your own risk.  Messy sewing rooms are really best as that means a whole lot of sewing is going on!!

  I received more fabric from Michael Miller Fabrics yesterday called "mini mikes".  So great - with so many sewing possibilities.  And speaking of sewing, I just finished a grouping of small quilts for Free Spirit Fabrics featuring their Designer Essentials.  They are so darn much fun.  Bigger is not always better.





 This is my Clip It Up spinner rack that has me so organized I forget that everything is right here.  Top row is sewing notions, middle row is patterns and the bottom row is zippers, elastic, and other assorted much needed items.  The good news is that I can add 2 more rows as needed.  So many things on one convenient spinner.
  And, yes, here is one of my sewing machines.  It is the newest one - the Janome Horizon.  I love it for free motion quilting .  The next best part is the sewing table - custom made by my husband - a perfect companion for this machine.  I have never had a Janome before - but so far so good!

  Please note the great pin cushion on the right - a free anna maria horner pattern.  The little stool was my grandmother's and she did the needlepoint cushion.  She did sewing for a living - taking in alterations.  I also have her sewing machine!





  Lots of fun and special memories in this corner.  Photos and special quilts from quilt challenges held in my quilt shop several years ago.  These are a "must see" when you come to visit me!














 Oh boy! Look at all the fabric!  This piece of furniture is on old postal sorting station.  And now it is filled with fat quarters and other assorted fun things!

  Just to point out a few things -the oscar from a red carpet Moda party one fall in Houston; a Sizzix machine on the little ledge from Westminster Fibers for cutting multiple layers of fabric in shapes (the purple thing); and baskets of some of my favorite fabric scraps.  All of those designer essentials I just mentioned - you are lookin' at 'em!

  So there you have it - a tour of where I create.  Later I will have to show you my other sewing room.......yes, there is another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment