Tuesday, May 31, 2011

California Week-End!


 My husband and I have  returned from a great week-end in California.





Our destination was Santa Rosa - north of San Francisco - in the heart of wine country.  We spent a few hours on Saturday in Healdsburg - a quaint small town with great shops and wine tasting store fronts.   What a great photo taken at a local flower shop!!                                                                                                                                    


    And here I am with my sister-in-law, Dee, in front of the tasting bar for Toad Hollow Vineyards.

    Many of you have probably purchased a bottle or two of their wine because of their colorful labels.

    Unfortunately, we cannot ship wine to Indiana, but we can to Minnesota and Dee is from Minneapolis!!!




    My husband prefers the beer tasting and he was not disappointed!

 


    We visited the Bear Republic Brewery and Restaurant right in beautiful downtown Healdsburg.

    The 3 of us ordered the flight of all brews on tap and did our own little tasting.  Yes, indeed, 15 different ones!  A real treat!!

    To top things off, one of the small boutiques carried one of my favorite lines of knits and I was able to do a little shopping.

Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment