Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pie in a Jar

     Last summer I tried several of my pie recipes for "Pie in a Jar" and it was so fun!

     Now I have all of the jars just piling up so I decided it is time to get ready for strawberry, rhubarb and blueberry seasons!

     I found that regular pie crust often became soggy so I decided too try a new recipe form Hungry Girl called Gooey-Good Fuji Apple Pie.

     The crust includes 1 cup of Fiber One Original bran cereal so each jar does have 5.5g of fiber.
In many ways this pie is similar to a cobbler.

     A single pie recipe will fill 8 jars.  I did bake the crust in the jars and cook the apples before freezing the pies.  Last season I did everything uncooked.  I cheated a little on the recipe and added a crumb topping.  Just had to!!!!

     My husband and I tried them and they are very good - not too sweet.  So now we have a few pies in the freezer for a small treat instead of a whole pie for the two of us.
Give it a try!  You will be glad you did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment