Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Yes, indeed, these are those kind of days and on a recent trip to NW Iowa 
we reminisced about our days growing up near the Iowa Great Lakes.



One of the top three tourist attractions is the Nutty Bar Stand at Arnolds Park.
It was the first stop for my mother and me!



Next stop is the salt water taffy store 
where they still make taffy the old fashioned way. 
A 60 piece bag of assorted flavors to go, please!



Last stop - The Taco House - a lakes area institution.
The hard shell tacos are as good as they were back in the 60's
when we stopped following the teen dance at the Roof Garden Ballroom.
My sister and I saw rising stars 
like the Beach Boys, Ricky Nelson and Little Peggy March.

Those were the days, my friends!

A trip to Iowa is not complete without stocking up on
Twin Bing candy bars made in Sioux City, Iowa
by the Palmer Candy company.
I used to buy a single Bing at the swimming pool for a nickel!

Those were the days, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment