Monday, August 22, 2011

A Time for Friends and Family

I have been away from my blog for the past week
to spend some very special time with family and friends -
celebrating the life of my husband's father, Dan Maxwell.


He would have been very pleased with the 
ceremony by members of the Masonic Lodge in Spencer
and full military honors by the American Legion at the cemetery. 
He had been a participant in both for many friends and veterans.


Thanks to all of you who kept our family near to your hearts 
during the past week.

I am most excited to share with you a volunteer adventure I am starting on.


I hope to become a facilitator of the VNA Phoenix Center.
This is a safe haven for children who are dealing with the death of a loved one.
Peer support age groups meet every two weeks serving the needs of toddlers, littles, middles, teens and college students in our area.

I am looking forward to the challenge and becoming involved in such a wonderful program.

No comments:

Post a Comment